Procedures for Graduation
- Check the Graduation Application Deadline. Follow the steps and information on the Registrar website (Graduation/Graduation Info tab).
- Complete the online Application for Degree.
- If applicable, complete the Application for Certificate - save this form as a PDF and send it to your COS advisor by e-mail.
New students should keep a copy of the University Catalog that was in effect at the time of their admission. The catalog is, in essence, a contract between the student and the University as to what the student must do to earn their Baccalaureate. This means that any changes in degree requirements that occur after a student has been admitted will not apply to that student. HOWEVER, if the student discontinues enrollment for more than one year, their enrollment must be reactivated and new requirements will then apply.
To earn a Baccalaureate degree from FAU, students must:
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours
- Earn a minimum 2.0 FAU GPA
- Earn a minimum of 45 out of these 120 credit hours at the upper division level (3000 level and above)
- Earn the last 30 upper division credit hours in residence at FAU.
- Earn at least 75% of all upper division courses in the major department from FAU.
- Fulfill the Intellectual Foundation requirements.
- Satisfy the Gordon Rule requirements.
- Satisfy the Civic Literacy requirements.
- Fulfill the foreign language graduation requirement.