How to Use the Pre-Health Professions Office
How to use the Pre-Health Professions Office
: Open a file (the semester before you take your admissions exam, min 3.0 GPA and 60 cr.)
- Pick up a packet in the Pre-Health Professions Office (SE 308) (click here)
Materials Necessary to complete your file:
Biographic Information Form (USE THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU CHECK THE MOST)
3 evaluation forms
*GIVE TWO EVALUATION FORMS TO PROFESSORS (PhD’s)
*GIVE ONE EVALUATION FORMS TO HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS (doctors, dentists, etc)
Copy of your AMCAS or other Centralized Application (including your personal statement)
*Note: Hand-carried, “open” letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
- Review for the Admissions Exam you will be taking (MCAT, DAT, OAT, GRE, etc).
- Sign up and take the exam (April/May).
- Submit the centralized application service you will use (AMCAS, AACOMAS, AADSAS,VMCAS, etc.)and send them your official transcripts as early as possible (May/June).
- Consider signing up for the APPS program (Application Preparation for Premedical Students) (click here for more information)
- After you receive your exam score (MCAT, DAT, GRE etc), fill out the
Pre-Health Professions Committee Meeting Request Form
(available in SE 308) to schedule your committee interview.
- Interview with the Pre-Health Professions Committee and then…
- Bring in $12 to open your VIRTUAL EVALUATION Account or postage for schools that do not participate in VIRTUAL EVALUATIONS.
- Let the Pre-Health Professions Program Assistant know if you receive any secondary applications, and from which school(s).
- The Program Assistant will send out a packet to the schools including your committee letter and any other recommendation letters.
- Let us know where you got accepted
- Your picture will go up on the WALL OF FAME!
- Attend the Future Doctors Reception (FDR)
Pre-Medical Mission Trip