Procedures for Graduation
Check the Graduation Application Deadline.
2. Make an appointment with the academic advisor for your major by logging on to www.science.fau.edu/student_services and choosing the link for 'Make an Advisor Appointment'.
3. Download and print the Application for Degree form from the Registrar's website and bring it with you to your appointment.
*Students who DO NOT apply for graduation before the deadline can have their graduation delayed by one semester.
**This procedure must be repeated if the student does not graduate in the expected term.
***New students should keep a copy of the University Catalog that was in effect at the time of their admission. The catalog is, in essence, a contract between the
student and the University as to what the student must do to earn their
Baccalaureate. This means that any changes in degree requirements that occur
after a student has been admitted will not apply to that student. HOWEVER, if
the student discontinues enrollment for more than one year, their enrollment
must be reactivated and new requirements will then apply.
To earn a Baccalaureate degree from FAU, students must:
1. Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours
2. Earn a minimum 2.0 FAU GPA
3. Earn a minimum of 45 out of these 120 credit
hours at the upper division level (3000 level and above)
4. Earn the last 30 upper division credit hours in residence
5. Earn at least 75% of all upper division courses in the
major department from FAU.
6. Fulfill the Intellectual Foundation requirements.
7. Satisfy the Gordon Rule requirements.
8. Satisfy the CLAS requirements.
9. Fulfill the foreign language graduation requirement.
10. File an application for degree in the Student Services Office (SE